So, a couple funny and strange things have happened recently and I just had to write about them. The first happened last night on my walk back to my car. I got out of class around 6:40 p.m. and was walking past the west side of the library atrium and was talking to mom and dad on the phone. It was fairly dark out but there were still plenty of people around. All of the sudden I hear this guy run up behind me laughing and then he grabs me shoulders, turns me around, still laughing, and then I see his face drain... hehe. He stammered "I'm so sorry, I thought you were my sister. I'm so sorry!" Then he backed away. As funny as it is now to think about, I was a little shaken up. I'm sure he feels dumb! Mom and dad were like "what just happened?!?". It was funny.
The second thing happened Sunday while I was getting ready for church. Skyler had left to do his home teaching at 11 a.m. and I had visiting teaching at 12:00. So, a while after he left I was in the bathroom getting ready. I had figured that we wouldn't see each other, but I thought there was a slight chance. Now, if you know me or my mom at all, you know how jumpy and imaginative we are. I hate being home alone, so I usually have music playing or at least the dryer running to have some noise and the door is definitely locked. I was blow drying my hair, so I closed the door. Then, just as I opened it to walk out, Skyler was standing right there!!! I pretty much had a heart attack. He reassures me he wasn't trying to scare me and that he was reaching to open the door to tell me he was home, but I'm not sure :). It took me a good ten minutes to calm down. I didn't want to make him feel bad, but I totally cried! It startled me so much. We laugh about it now of course. But, it makes me worried because of the way I reacted! I have always imagined what I would do if someone came in my house, but I was practically paralyzed and couldn't even think! Now I understand a little more why people can't really defend themselves. Or, maybe I'm just crazy, but you can never be too safe!!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Strange Things!
Posted by Shalon at 2:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh man! It's like the universe is rallying against you and forcing you to get used to shocking things. Well, we're not gonna let it!!! *shakes fist at the universe*
Also, that's really funny about the guy on campus. It could've been worse. One time some random guy came up behind me, put his hands over my eyes and said "guess who??" I was like.... "Uh... my five year old little brother?" Who even does that anymore? Hahaha!! Needless to say he turned a lovely shade of scarlet. It was great :)
oh tae... I only wish you were right! For some reason, I'm not a woman of much conviction so it doesn't take me seriously :) But I am glad we had similar experiences. Now mostly I feel bad for the guys who did it! duh!?!
Hehe. I think I told you about the time I scared Vince really good. I can still hear his yelp in fright in my mind! Just tell Sky to look out. Next time he may get punched in the face like I almost did!!
Post a Comment