Friday, June 12, 2009

Summary of the past three weeks and more!

Baby Rachel is three weeks old now! A week after she was born, we all headed down for the blessing/baptism which was so much fun. She is adorable of course and Brooke was so beautiful. She, like Emma, wore my baptism dress afterward. How special for me! It's funny to think I was that little at one point.

Before I get to the Utah trip though, Aunt Lela and Whitney came up to visit for the weekend after Memorial Day. We rode horses and went down the slide in Anaconda and had ice cream! They did lots more fun stuff while we were working. We spent some time in Anaconda checking out the fish hatchery and the railroad museum. It's actually a pretty fun place! I have been surprised at how cool of a little town it is when I used to make fun of it in high school. I have been working hard weeding in the cold and rain lately at the parks, but hopefully soon it will pay off. I took my thermos full of hot cocoa one day, but then I couldn't get it open!



So, back to the Utah trip. Dad, Mom, Sky and I drove all the way down after work Friday and then got up for the activities around 7! Brooke's baptism was first and then as soon as they were done with the confirmation, they blessed the baby. I was carrying Rachel for a while and a lady stopped me and asked how old my baby was. I was so flabbergasted that I didn't even say anything. Skyler said "She's a week old!" and pushed me down the hall. I was so embarrassed. :) I'm not old enough to have my own baby!!! Wait......

Afterwards we had a fun party at the house with all the cousins and Becky's family too. It's always a party with our family.



We took Colten and Trevor home with us for a week while Alisa went to her writing conference at BYU. It was an adventure! They did lots of fun stuff and us workers got in on a little too. It was fun having little people around the house. The craziest part was that Skyler's parents made a surprise visit for a few days! They just drove up while talking to Sky on the phone and then Skyler came to pick me up from work in their truck. I was so confused! The first night we rode horses and the next night his parents and Skyler and I went to Butte for a delicious dinner at the Derby, more touring of Uptown Butte and a stop at DQ on the way home. It was a short visit, but it was great to see them.



On the 13th, Skyler and I left to mark off something else on our Montana List. We first took the tour through the Lewis and Clark Caverns which was amazing as usual. They've updated some of the lights so it's even better. Skyler really enjoyed it! Plus the drive up there is so beautiful as well. Then, we took the scenic route to Virginia City, the old mining town. We drove past at least five huge mountain ranges. We love Montana! It's been such a wet spring that everything was super green, but also very wet! It started raining about twenty minutes after we got to Virginia City, so we didn't get to enjoy it too much. Guess we'll have to go back! This past week Mom was down helping Becky with the kids so it was pretty lonely and quiet. But, we did get a lot of work done! Dad picked up the double doors that they wanted for upstairs and we surprised Mom by putting them in while she was gone. Sadly, I wasn't there when she saw it, but it sounded like it was worth it!



This Friday Sky, dad and I spent the night relaxing at home and watched "True Grit" (classic John Wayne movie). Seriously, it was one of the funniest and best movies I've seen in a long time! I'd definitely recommend it. Saturday Skyler and I went to Deer Lodge for their Territorial Days and took the Old Prison Museum tour which is always cool and then we went to the Deer Lodge parade. It consisted of the city ambulances, fire trucks and police, a few old cars, two floats, and everybody's tractors. hehehe... But they did throw a lot of candy! Then we went back to the Old Car Museum which is amazing. Of course I loved looking at the cars from the twenties and before, but I didn't realize until now how many pictures I have of the muscle cars from the sixties (and every other era)! I love, love, love Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros, Corvettes and Firebirds. And the new Challengers and Camaros almost make my heart stop. I've never cared to much about cars but these are AMAZING. Anyway, we had a great time and met up with Mark and Mary and their kids and had lunch with them which was fun.



Finally we made it home and Mom not only made it back, but she had four grandkids with her! (Emma, Nicole, Brooke and Evan!) So, we spent a great fathers day yesterday and they've already ridden the slide, swam in the Washoe Pool and fed the ducks! Tonight we're having a picnic inside since it's STILL cold and rainy. I love Montana, I really do. But, I would like it to be summer sometime soon. :)

0 comments: