Three reasons why I shouldn't be blogging:
1. I have a 3-5 page paper due tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m. which I have not even thought about what to write.
2. I don't usually write my praising comments about my fiance for all of cyberspace to read, because I think it's weird and no one really wants to read about how much someone loves someone else. At least I don't.
3. I should be sleeping.
But, here I am. I have refrained from writing too much about Skyler and our relationship so far, but today I cannot hold it in any longer! I have to first preface with how my life is currently. It's terrible. You would think that it would be the happiest time in my life thus far (which it is), but it has also been the most stressful, trying, frustrating time in my life. Today was one of those days where everyone and everything that moves annoys me like crazy and nothing seems to work out. It was a day that all I wanted to do was lay in my bed and ignore the world until I felt normal. So, I did. After going to class and work, I read a little and went to the temple (which was helpful) but came home to the usual stinky, dirty, cluttered apartment that has become so alien to me. Normally it doesn't bother me that much, but on a day like today, watch out!!
So, as I was puttering around feeling sorry for myself and being angry, I call Skyler and ask him if he wants to help me decorate my tree (which is a very sentimental/traditional process for me) and at first he doesn't really seem to care which is a normal thing for a guy. But, I got offended and upset and he could tell. So he says, "Well, I will come over tomorrow and we can do it together, okay?". So, the fact that he cared enough to do something that he really wasn't all that excited about made me melt and feel terrible. But then, (heaven forbid ;) I find out that he is at a furniture store that we have been wanting to go to together, and he went without me! On a normal day, I would say, yeah it's too hard for us to get together and do that, so just let me know how it is. But today, again I felt angry and upset at him for going without me. So silly. So, I tell him I have to go get ready after doing baptisms at the temple and I will come over when I'm finished. Still in my self pity mode, I take the longest shower possible and take forever to do my hair.
Finally, he calls and says "Are you okay? I can tell something is wrong. How about I just come over because I can't wait to see you". And then the tears flowed. How could I even have been so angry towards him when he is so amazing and wonderful. He knew exactly what to say and exactly what to do to break my wall down and feel better. I couldn't wait for him to get there, because I knew as soon as I was with him, I would feel amazing again because I knew someone cared. I just can't get over how he is an only child, has had relatively no girl experience, and still has enough patience and understanding to help me when I am being the most complicated. I love him SOOOO much. He is so perfect for me that it scares me sometimes! He is wonderful. He makes me feel complete. He makes me laugh every day and lets me cry when I need to. The fact that he is even listening in on my feelings is huge for a guy! I can't wait to marry that boy... 16 more days. Maybe these things don't seem important to any one else, but they mean the world to me. I can't wait to spend eternity with him and learn from him. As we can see, I have a lot to learn!!
Of course, I could go on for pages and pages about all the amazing, wonderful things he does and says, but really, who wants to read all that?! ;)
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Bragging... just this once.
Posted by Shalon at 9:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Awww. Shalon, that was so sweet. He IS a great guy. I agree that you two are perfect for each other. I had so much fun with you this morning. I'm sorry you're so stressed, though! Gosh, everytime I see you, you seem upbeat and chipper to me! I guess I need to start calling on the bad days! Let me know what you need. And like I said, 2 weeks will be over in no time! (Easier for me to say. :0) It's like the pregnancy thing--eveyone tells me how fast that first trimester went, and all I can think of is, "Are you kidding me?!" Hehehe!)
Post a Comment