So, in case I didn't get around to telling everyone, here is how my semester and my college career is going to be. I am not doing photography anymore. I am majoring in Recreation Management and Youth Leadership (RMYL) with an emphasis in Therapeutic Recreation. I am also going to put all those art classes to some good by finishing an Art Minor. I am only a few classes away from that anyway!
My reasons for changing are obvious. They wanted all the money and time I didnt have in the first place, plus pretty much my soul. They also wanted at least the next three years of my life if not more. So, I decided I wasn't dedicated enough to devote that much to it, and honestly, I am loving my new major already! I actually enjoy my classes, and I get excited about what we are learning about. In hindsight, I've already had tons of experience in this area. I've done Special Olympics, Adopt a Grandparent, Big Brothers/Sisters and more. AND... I will be done in two to two and a half years max. The funny thing is, for one of my classes, we're going to go spend a night at Aspen Grove, to see what they do there. hehe.... anyway, thats why. So this semester I'm taking 4 RMYL classes, D & C, and an intro Photo class. Its going to be great. I'm grateful for my family teaching me all different ways to recreate so now I can help others have happier lives!! :)
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Final Change, I promise!!
Posted by Shalon at 3:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Shalon!
This was very informative to read, as your Mother I am glad that I now know what you are doing for your Major and Minor. It sounds like it will be the perfect thing for you!
It sounds like you're already seeing that this is a great decision. I'm so glad you're excited about what you're doing! That's awesome. Thanks for the update. Love ya! ;0)
I'm so glad you like the classes so far! The rec trip around Utah was a lot of fun - especially the Aspen Grove part. I'd love to hear what classes you're taking and who you're professors are. Dr. Z and Dr. Palmer were my absolute favorite!
Post a Comment