So, other than the day that Sky asked me to marry him, Friday was the best day ever! I had gone to work for a few hours and then came home to be productive when I got a call from some random number. I contemplated on not answering to see if they would leave a voice mail, but I picked up. So glad I did! The weekend before, I had entered a contest at the Wedding Expo, and this lady called to tell me I won 1st Prize!! I got $1600 towards any package at the American Laser Center! I was like, no way... I don't win stuff. I seriously don't think I've ever won anything in my life, there has got to be some catch! But she said no, and we set up an appt. for this morning. So, not knowing what to expect, I went in, and the girls at the front desk were sooo excited for me!! I guess in the 3 years they've been in business there, only two other people had won that much money and came in to them. The odds were 1:5000. WHOA! They were so excited! So, I went in and we evaluated and priced everything that I was considering (areas for laser hair removal, skin rejuvination, etc.) and with my prize money and the monthly 25% off, I only had to pay $20 to get the bottom half of my legs done! And, I got a $10 gas card, so pretty much I paid $10 to never have to shave my legs again in my ENTIRE LIFE!!! WOOHOO! And if you know me, thats sweet, because I loathe shaving and it lasts for about an hour if its warm. So, point of story is, someone does actually win the contests you've always entered!! AMAZING! I'll never complain about not winning anything again :)
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
shalon that is amazing and awesome and cool!!!! you lucky girl!
Wow! That really IS amazing! I never win anything either!
As a side note: I just tagged you! Have fun!
Shalon this was very funny and i know alot of people are jealous! Oh Well!
Good for you!
Dad wanted to know if it was safe, now who else asked that question?
Post a Comment